Latest MTN Data Plan Bundles & Subscription Codes 2017!

Check out all the latest MTN Data Plan Bundles For Android, Blackberry,  iPhone, modem & Laptop in 2017.

No doubt, MTN covers the widest reach in Nigeria and have the largest customer base. In this review, I will be making effort to review the various MTN data plans, prices and internet data bundles available. From this article, you will know how best to choose which MTN data plan is best for you, the subscription fees and subscription codes to help you subscribe immediately.

MTN Nigeria is one network you are sure of an efficient high speed internet connectivity. Although, it may not offer the cheapest rates, you are sure of getting great value for the money you pay on your data subscription. After all, quality comes with a price, doesn’t it?

Ok, let’s get down to the business of reviewing the mtn plans, shall we? Ok, here we go…

Which of these plans is the best MTN data plan for you?

Recently, precisely in May 2016 and the first few weeks in June 2016, MTN made a few changes to their data plan bundles. Here are some of the new MTN Data plans for 2016.

These are the latest, updated Mtn subscription codes.

Mtn Data Plans for Android, iPhone & Modem

The data plans and subscriptions below are confirmed and  to work perfectly on Android, modems and iPhones. These new plans replace old ones.

To check your data balance, just Text 102 to 131.

30MB
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 30MB for 100 Naira. In the past, a subscriber would get just 10MB for the same amount.

To activate the 30MB plan, just dial *104#. Alternatively, you can send  104 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is only valid for 24 hours.

100MB
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 100MB for 200 Naira. In the past, a subscriber would get just 25MB for 150 Naira.

To activate the 30MB plan, just dial *113#. Alternatively, you can send  113 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is only valid for 24 hours.

750MB
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 750MB for just 500 Naira. Isn’t that amazing? Of course, it is! In the past, a subscriber would get just 750MB for about 1000 Naira.

To activate the 750MB plan, just dial *103#. Alternatively, you can send  103 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is only valid for 7 days.

1.5GB
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 1.5GB for just 1000 Naira. Isn’t that amazing? Of course, it is! In the past, a subscriber would get just 1000 Naira for 250MB.

To activate the 1.5GB plan at N1,000, just dial *106#. Alternatively, you can send 106 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days.

3.5GB
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 3.5GB for just 2000 Naira.

To activate the 3.5GB plan at N2,000, just dial *110#. Alternatively, you can send 110 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days.

2.15GB (2015 MB)
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 2.15GB for just 2000 Naira.

To activate, just send SPB to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days.

4.5GB ( 1.5GB Day Plan + 3GB Night plan which works between 9PM-6AM) 
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 4.5GB for just 2,500 Naira.

You will be allowed to use 1.5GB at any time of the day. The remaining 3GB can only be used at night between 9pm to 6am the next day when your day time plan is exhausted. Sometimes, the night plan data can still be used during the day if you don’t disconnect your data.

To activate the MTN 4.5GB plan at N2,500, just dial *120#. Alternatively, you can send 120 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days.

4.5GB ( All Day + All Night) 
This newly revised all day + all night plan now offers you up to 4.5GB for just 6,500 Naira.

You will be allowed to use all your data at any time of the day and night. No restrictions!

To activate the MTN 4.5GB plan at N6,500, just dial *129#. Alternatively, you can send 129 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days.

4.5GB (All Night Plan, between 9PM-6AM) 
This new all night plan from MTN offers you up to 4.5GB for just 2,500 Naira.

You will only be allowed to use all your data plan from 9PM-6AM. No daytime data usage allowed!

To activate the MTN 4.5GB plan at N2,500, just dial *102#. Alternatively, you can send 102 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 nights.

7.5GB
This new MTN plan offers you up to 7.5GB for just 8,000 Naira.

To activate the 7.5GB data plan at N8,000, just dial *101#. Alternatively, you can send 116 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days.

10GB
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 10GB for just N5,000 Naira.

To activate the 10GB plan at N5,000, just dial *116#. Alternatively, you can send 116 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days. This plan was launched in May 2016.

22GB
This newly revised plan now offers you up to 22GB for just 10,000 Naira.
To activate the 22GB plan at N10,000, just dial *117#.

Alternatively, you can send 117 to 131 via SMS. This data plan is valid for 30 days. This plan was launched in May 2016.

MTN Blackberry Data Plans

Regular MTN Blackberry Plans

a) MTN BB Complete Plan BB

Mtn Complete Plan allows you to have complete internet access to all websites, emails and social media access on your BlackBerry phones and tablets.

There are 3 types of BB Complete plans as shown below:

1. 100MB Daily Plan
This Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 100MB for just 100 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 24 hours only.

To activate, send “BBCDAY” to 21600 via SMS.

2. 500MB Weekly Plan
This Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 500MB for just 500 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 7 days.

To activate, send “BBCWEEK” to 21600 via SMS.

3. 2GB Monthly Plan
This Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 2GB for just 1000 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 30 days.

To activate, send “BBCV” to 21600 via SMS.

b) MTN BB Absolute Data Plan

1) 100MB Weekly Plan
This Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 100MB for just 100 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 24 hours.

To activate, send “BBDAY” to 21600 via SMS.

2) 500MB Weekly Plan
This Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 500MB for just 550 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 7 days.

To activate, send “BBWEEK” to 21600 via SMS.

3) 2GB Monthly Plan
This Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 2GB for just 1,500 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 30 days.

To activate, send “BIS” to 21600 via SMS.

c) MTN BB 10 Plans

The following are the various mtn plans specially meant for Blackberry 10 phones:
1) BB10 Mini
i) 10 MB
This BB10 Mini Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 10MB for just 70 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 24 hours.

To activate, send “BBLITED” to 21600 via SMS.

ii) 70 MB
This BB10 Mini Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 70MB for just 350 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 7 days.

To activate, send “BBLITEW” to 21600 via SMS.

iii) 260 MB
This BB10 Mini Blackberry plan gives you data access up to 260MB for just 1000 Naira only. The subscription is valid for 30 days.

To activate, send “BBLITEM” to 21600 via SMS.

MTN Goody Bag Social Plans

The MTN Goody Bag Social Plans allow you to have access to your peeps and family on social media. In other words, you are limited to surfing/browsing social media platforms only.

Not suitable for heavy internet users. This plan is meant for you ONLY if you just want to connect with friends and family on 2go, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp as well as Eskimi.

Let’s take a quick look at some of the MTN Goody Bag Social media Plans:
1) We chat
Wechat Weekly Bundles
This plan allows you to connect on Wechat Social media for 1 week.

To activate Wechat Weekly Bundle, send “WCW” to 131. It costs 25 Naira only.

Wechat Monthly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on Wechat Social media for 1 month.

To activate Wechat Monthly Bundle, send “WCM” to 131.

2) WhatsApp
WhatsApp Weekly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on WhatsApp Social media for 1 week.
To activate WhatsApp Weekly Bundle, send “WAW” to 131. It costs 25 Naira only.

WhatsApp Monthly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on WhatsApp Social media for 1 month.

To activate WhatsApp Monthly Bundle, send “WAM” to 131. It costs 60 Naira only.

3) 2Go
2Go Weekly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on the 2Go Social media for 1 week.

To activate 2Go Weekly Bundle, send “2GOW” to 131. It costs 25 Naira only.

2Go Monthly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on the 2Go Social media for 1 month.

To activate 2Go Monthly Bundle, send “2GOM” to 131. It costs 60 Naira only.

4) Eskimi

Eskimi Weekly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on the Eskimi Social media for 1 week.

To activate Eskimi Weekly Bundle, send “ESKW” to 131. It costs 25 Naira only.

Eskimi Monthly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on the Eskimi Social media for 1 month.

To activate Eskimi Monthly Bundle, send “ESKM” to 131. It costs 60 Naira only.

5) Twitter

Twitter Weekly Bundle

This plan allows you to connect on Twitter for 1 week.

To activate Twitter Weekly Bundle, send “TWTW” to 131. It costs 25 Naira only.

Twitter Monthly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on the Twitter Social media for 1 month.

To activate Twitter Monthly Bundle, send “TWTM” to 131. It costs 60 Naira only.

6) Facebook
Facebook Weekly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on Facebook for 1 week.

To activate Facebook Weekly Bundle, send “FBW” to 131. It costs 25 Naira only.

Facebook Monthly Bundle
This plan allows you to connect on the Facebook Social media for 1 month.

To activate Facebook Monthly Bundle, send “FBM” to 131. It costs 60 Naira only.

MTN Weekend Plan

Special offer! Buy 3.5GB for N2000 and get 17.5GB FREE data. Dial *131*110# to activate. Dial *131*4#  to view data bonus. Bonus Valid till Sunday 11:59pm

You should use the mtn plans above instead. The following Mtn data plans are outdated and no longer work:

1. The 10MB 24-Hour Data Plan: This data plan comes with a 10MB data and allows you to browse for the next 24 hours on your mobile devices. It costs just 100 naira. To purchase or request for the plan, dial *104# and you will be subscribed on the package.

2. The 25MB 24-Hour Data Plan: This plan costs 150 naira and gives you up to 25MB of data to browse the internet on your mobile devices for the next 24 hours. To subscribe for this data plan, just dial and send *112# and you will be instantly subscribed to the package.

3. The 50MB 24-Hour Data Plan gives you up to 50MB of data when you send the code activation of *113#. Alternatively, you can also send the activation code, 113, to 131 to activate this MTN data package. It costs just
200 naira

4. The 25MB 7-Day Data Plan allows you to access the internet for the next 7 days at just 400 naira only. To activate, just dial *105#. You will be credited with a data of 25MB which is valid for the next 7 days.

5. The 100MB 1-Month Data Plan gives you unlimited access to the internet for the next 1 month. Its subscription costs just 1,000 naira. To activate, just dial *106# and you will be credited with a data value of up to 260MB, which is valid for 30 days.

6. The 250MB 1-Month Data gives you unlimited access to surf the internet 24 hours of each day for 30 days. The data package costs 1,300 Naira only.
To activate, just dial *109# and you will be credited with data balance of up to 325MB.

7. The 500MB 1-Month Data plan gives you unlimited access to surf the web 24 hours of each day for up to 30 days. The subscription costs 2,000 only.
To activate, just dial *110# and MTN will instantly credit you with data balance of up to 750MB.

8. The 1GB 1-Month Data plan gives you unlimited access to surf the web 24 hours of each day for up to 30 days. The subscription costs 3,500 naira only.
To activate, just dial *111# and MTN will instantly credit you with data balance of up to 1.5GB.

9. The 3GB (Night) 1-Month Data plan gives you unlimited access to surf the web between 9PM-6AM of each day for up to 30 days. The subscription costs 2,500 naira only. In addition, MTN will credit you with 1.5GB data which is meant for 24 hour browsing and your 3GB night data becomes charged when you exhaust the 1.5GB.
To activate, just dial *102# and MTN will instantly credit you with data balance of up to 1.5GB. This is an ideal MTN data plan for Android devices.

10. The 3GB (Weekend) 1-Month Data plan gives you unlimited access to surf the web between Friday 9PM- Monday 6AM, for up to 30 days. The subscription costs 3,000 naira only.
To activate, just dial *108# and MTN will instantly credit you with data balance of up to 4.5GB.

11.The 3GB 1-Month Data plan gives you unlimited access to surf the web, non-stop, for up to 30 days. The subscription costs 6,500 naira only.
To activate, just dial *129# and MTN will instantly credit you with data balance of up to 4.5GB.

12. The 5GB 1-Month Data plan gives you unlimited access to surf the web, non-stop, for up to 30 days. The subscription costs 8,000 naira only.
To activate, just dial *101# and MTN will instantly credit you with data balance of up to 7.5GB.

Why I Love MTN:

MTN allows me to roll over any unused data to the next month.

MTN also allows me to send a data bundle to friends and loved ones who are using modems, smartphones or ipads to surf the net.
Here is a quick guide in case you don’t know how this service, called MTN Data Gifting works: 

Option 1: You can just dial *131# and follow the menu prompt.
or
Option 2: (a) Sign up for the Data Gifting service. To register, send the keyword “REG” to 131. You should receive an authentication PIN from MTN.
Proceed to (b) Send the following “GIFT [Phone number][The Data Plan Code you want to send][PIN given to you from 2a above] to 131. In other words, you should send Gift 0803——— 109 0000. 104 is the code with which to send 25MB daily data; 0000 represents your PIN.

-MTN also boasts of a very fast 3.5G internet connection of about 3.6Mbps depending on the device used to access the web (phone or modem) and availability of service in your location
Drawback: My only drawback with MTN data plans and bundles is that, it is a bit expensive. Although, MTN has even gone the extra mile to provide pocket-friendly packages to allow everyone to enjoy internet browsing based on their pockets.

Conclusion
MTN data plans offer much freedom to suit any type of data user in Nigeria. Whether you are an occasional or heavy user—the flexibility of the package, wide coverage and very fast internet connection speed are what really makes the difference. I just love the MTN network and the array of pocket-friendly MTN data plans available.

(Visited 248,819 times, 6 visits today)

Adeniyi

I am a passionate lover of Information Technology, PHP website developer/Programmer, Medical Doctor in training, avid reader & CEO of Reviewcious.com.

21 thoughts on “Latest MTN Data Plan Bundles & Subscription Codes 2017!

• October 19, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Mtn plans r ok.bt let me ask does all dis plans work on computers also? Starting 4rm d 10mb
    Hello Ezephina, Yes all MTN data plans work on Android, Blackberry tablets and even Personal Computers, laptop or PC. However, to browse with your Laptop/computer, you will need to connect it with your phone either through WIFI or USB. Alternatively, you can also insert your MTN SIM in a modem and connect it to your computer. This is what I do most times.

Bear in mind that data deduction is faster when surfing the internet on computers than on phones. Let me know if you need more help.

• October 19, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Can u plz give us the activation code to all the gb,starting from 250mb to 5g

• October 19, 2015 at 8:47 pm

@Halleluyah It has already been listed there now e.g the activation code for the 250 MB data is *109#.

• October 19, 2015 at 8:49 pm

All of the above MTN plans work on your mobile Android devices. However, I will suggest the 3GB plan if you plan to browse the internet on your Android tablets, phones. You will also be able to use the plan to surf the internet on your laptop or desktop if you connect your SIM to a modem.

Usually, MTN will automatically subscribe you to the automatic subscription once you activate a data plan of your choice. However, If you wish to stop/opt out of the MTN Data plan automatic subscription, just send “NO” to 131.

• October 19, 2015 at 8:50 pm

But these plans are too expensive. 1gb for 3,500? I think I’ll pass. There are cheaper data plans on mtn.
    But come to think of it, won’t it be even better to use their unlimited data plans? If summed up in a month it would amount to about 3k and that is for only if you browse everyday o..

• October 19, 2015 at 8:52 pm

I just subscribe to the mtn monthly unlimited data with #1000..not even up to 5minutes out of 260mb I ws left wit just 128mb..wht could be de case ..pls I need de solution tnx…

• October 19, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Hello lilifruit, do you have auto update apps on your Android phone or did you download stuffs recently? Another thing is that you should turn off your data if not in use because, Android phones are known to zapp data even if not in use.
      the truth of the matter is that MTN data plans really rock. But I hope they come up with even cheaper subscription charges in the nearest future

• October 19, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Hi mtn, you see am using the data bundle of 3gb that cost 2500 can it be used to download movies , songs video. and I heard it can be used to download between 9pm-6am for free. Please tell me more about this bundle thanks. will love to get a reply very soon.

• Pingback: Best Android Data Plans For Glo, Airtel, Etisalat & MTN | Reviewcious!

• Pingback: MTN Nigeria Gets 25% Fine Reduction, now to Pay N780 billion! | Reviewcious!

• December 9, 2015 at 9:42 am

Sir,
    To be candid MTN data bundle are expensive compared to other network. Etiselat gives mega bytes.act fast becks dis is making a lot people to change to other networks.pls save d situation ,l personal ly love MTN.besides send me code check MTN data bundle. Thanks

• Pingback: The MTN Bulk SMS Service: Step by Step Guide! – Reviewcious!

• April 9, 2016 at 4:33 am

pls,i need mtn data bundle for a day for laptop

from dele.

• May 11, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I want to know if the 4.5gb data bundle is still available

• May 12, 2016 at 6:40 am

Yes, MTN 4.5gb is still available

• June 24, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Good information from Adm.
    Also if you need 1gb for #700, 2gb for #1300 all valid for 1 month, work on phones,lap,models and new bb phones. If your interested call or whatsap 08033262562.

• July 22, 2016 at 7:09 am

Nice reviews. Will mtn #500 750mb work on my bb. I just got a bb and I need to transfer my sim to it

• July 22, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Hi Ojoma,
      No, the 750mb only works for Android phones.

• September 12, 2016 at 3:56 pm

pls. I subscribe for my BIS Mtn subscription on my blackberry phone but I want to remove the sim from my BB phone Cos the phone isn’t working perfectly again, and be using it on my Android phone. My question is, pls how can I convert it back to MB. thanks

• September 13, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Hello Heritage,
      Unfortunately, there is no way you can convert MTN BIS subscription to a usable data on an Android phone.

• January 19, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Is that any orther device I can cennect to my laptor,phone and ipad at once. If yes what is the name? How much, and how can get it?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!