This write-up will focus on how you can schedule a US visa appointment in Nigeria. If you have been having challenges in this regard, you will find the needed helping hand in this write-up.
The visa appointment can be scheduled at either the Lagos or Abuja office of the US embassy in Nigeria, depending on the type of visa you need. Abuja only focuses on the non-immigrant visa application, while their Lagos office is the right place to visit for either you non-immigrant or immigrant visa application.
US visa appointment in Nigeria: Step by Step Guide
You need to take certain steps before you schedule US visa appointment in Nigeria. After choosing your type of visa, you need to pay for the visa and then complete the DS-160 visa application form.
The amount you pay for the visa depends on the type of visa you need, be it the immigrant or the non-immigrant type of visa. The information in the next paragraphs will guide you on how to schedule for US visa appointment in Nigeria. Click here to pay.
The following documents and information must be made ready before you can schedule for US visa appointment in Nigeria.
- A valid passport for the United States of America having written validity date. The passport must be a valid minimum of six months before the time you want to stay in the United States elapses. Are you traveling along with some other people? They also must submit their visa application.
- The receipt you were issued as evidence of payment for the visa application from GTBank
- Get ready your DS-160 confirmation page.
- You must also provide your telephone number and email address.
- You may also need to provide certain required documents depending on the class of visa you are applying for. If you are applying for petition-based visas, for example, you should provide petition approval.
After completing the DS-160 form, you can then proceed to schedule your interview date; this can be done just a few hours after you have paid for the visa application.
You will require the payment code that is provided on your receipt to schedule for US visa appointment in Nigeria; it is the UID that was given to you when you created your profile for visa application online or at GTBank. Furthermore, you need to provide your passport number.
The scheduling for US visa appointment in Nigeria can be done on the U.S visa application website, https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria.
After creating your profile and providing a password, you will see “Schedule Appointment” on the left-hand side of the page. Once you click on this tab, the scheduling process will start automatically. The following documents are needed.
- The number on your international passport
- The number on the receipt you were given at GTBank after paying for the visa application form.
- The ten digit barcode number on the DS-160 confirmation page.
While applying for the visa, make sure all the information you provide is correct and accurate. After selecting your visa type, provide your details, list your dependents, select your document delivery location, confirm your visa payment and schedule your appointment. Make sure you are never late for the visa interview on the set date.
This write-up has focused on how you can schedule a US visa appointment in Nigeria. If you have been having challenges in this regard, I hope you have found the needed helping hand in this write-up. If you still have questions, do post a comment below… All the best!