I have received a couple of mails from readers, asking for my sincere opinion about which is the best website builder for small business. Now, I choose to provide my opinion publicly on this website, so others reading this post can benefit as well.
If you are going to build an e-commerce business online, reach out for an easy ecommerce website builder. Of course, it is the dream of every website owner to build and maintain a strong, reliable online presence. In achieving this dream, either of these two broad options readily comes to mind when you have no programming skills:
1) Hire a website designer to create an ideal custom-made website that suits your specifications and meets your business needs. This option naturally is better if you can hire an expert but RELIABLE website designer, communicate your ideas to him or her and have your ideas translated into reality. The only set back is that you are only limited by the designer’s experience and your project budget.
2) The second option is to select a good website builder that offers flexibility options for you to create the website you need. This is often a cheaper and faster way to go since you can have a website builder for less than $20 a month– extremely cheaper than what any sane web designer would charge. However, there may be little limit as far as customization is concerned. After all, unlike a web developer, a web builder is but a piece of software already programmed to follow a pattern defined by the programmer.
My advice is that you choose a web builder ONLY if you are limited by funds, can’t wait a few days to allow a professional web designer design your site or can’t code your own website from scratch. If you must use a web builder ( a piece of software) to design your website, then you must look for the best website builder for small business.
WHILE website builders are a recommended option for small businesses who can’t afford the services of professional developers, exceptional ones are a goldmine to build a great business with.
Here are some of the best website builder options you can try:
Weebly is a very simple website builder. It offers the easiest tools you can use to build your website as a beginner. It has no hidden cost, and it’s completely free to use the basic package. The paid option is often not required for most small business. However, Weebly Pro costs just $8.99 a month to have access to the Professional Weebly version. This unlocks even greater features and functionalities for you and you can build website with unlimited pages at a time.
Other features include:
- Sleek templates to make your site professional
- Access to HTML / CSS codes for more design customization and flexibility
- Fully Integrated, powerful e-commerce tools in case you need to build an online store
Over 62 million members who currently use this site builder platform can’t possibly be wrong! Over 45,000 who sign up to use the tool each day must also be convinced it works. So, what is the secret? Well, Wix’s amazing secret lies in the large array of templates available to users. No matter your industry, chances are high you will find an ideal template for your business– be it design, photography, culinary, small business and lots more.
You are good to go after choosing your template. It is as easy as just replacing the text and images.
Then, finish off your customization with the drag and drop website builder.
Wix has got up to 5 amazing pricing packages you can choose from– starting from $6.90 per to $29.90 per month. Each higher package unlock a different level of features and functionalities.
In addition, Wix offers you:
- Powerful built in online store builder
- Dedicated 24/7 customer support
- Mobile-friendly website pages
Squarespace was launched in 2004. It has got clean, minimalistic templates with a unique level of vibe sophistication. Squarespace sites have got the exceptional ability to command attention from first glance.
With Squarespace, you get:
- Visually pleasing, mobile responsive template designs to help you stand out!
- 24/7 customer support – Often, turnaround time for email response is 1 hour
- A high amount of design flexibility – thanks to the highly efficient, flexible styling editor
All Squarespace 3 pricing packages range between $8-$20 per month. In addition, you have the freedom of enjoying a 14-day risk-free trial to test the website builder. So, you only pay if you are satisfied with the tool.
In conclusion, every small business needs a fully functional, mobile friendly website to help it leverage an online presence and drive sales. You should never starve your business the opportunity to reach prospective customers/clients online just because you can’t afford the services of a web designer. The best Web site builder for small business is all you need.
You can never go wrong with any of the three site builder tools listed above. HTML or programming skills isn’t needed! Just use the drag and drop functionality or click your way through to create your site.