How to Borrow Airtime from Glo, MTN, 9Mobile & Airtel
This write-up on How to Borrow Airtime from Glo, MTN, 9Mobile & Airtel will focus on the steps to follow when borrowing airtime from any of the mobile network operators in Nigeria, like MTN, Glo, 9Mobile or Airtel.
How to borrow airtime from MTN
Follow the steps below if you want to know How to Borrow Airtime from MTN:
- Dial *606#
- Then wait for a command prompt to show up on your screen
- You will see a list of items numbered 1 to 3: Eligibility Status, Request for Airtime and Check Balance.
- Next, select 2, which stands for Request for Airtime.
- Afterward, a list of amount you are eligible to borrow will come up, like N50, N100 N150, etc
- Next, select any of the amounts you want to borrow from MTN
- You will then receive an SMS telling you that your airtime borrowing is successful.
Keep in mind that you will be charged 10% of the amount you borrow.
How to borrow airtime from 9mobile
This seems to be the easiest among them all. First of all, send an SMS to 665 indicating how much you want to borrow. Here is How to Borrow Airtime from 9mobile:
If you want to borrow 500 naira, for example, simply text “500” to “665”. Your phone number will be credited immediately with the amount you decided to borrow.
You can later dial *232# on your 9mobile phone number to check your account balance. Keep in mind that you will also be required to pay 10% of the amount you have borrowed as charges.
The borrowed amount will be deducted from your airtime balance when you recharge next.
How to borrow airtime from Glo
Here is How to Borrow Airtime from Glo:
The program is titled Borrow me Credit by Glo. You need to dial *321#, and a prompt will show on your mobile phone. The prompt will ask you to create a pin. You should create the requested pin and confirm it.
Afterward, you can request for airtime using predefined shortcodes, and the PIN has earlier created. The shortcode is described below
If you want to borrow 100 naira, for example, the pin will take the format below:
How to borrow airtime from Airtel
Here is How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel:
It is tiled Airtel Talk Time Advanced Service. Airtel can borrow you, N500, N200, N100 and N50. The process is straightforward. Simply dial *500*amount# to borrow the airtime from Airtel. If you want to borrow N200, for example, simply dial *500*200# and send.
As is the case with the other service providers, Airtel will also charge you a percentage of the amount you have borrowed. The amount will then be deducted from your Airtel balance on your next recharge.
Before you can borrow airtime from Airtel, you need to meet up with some criteria. Some of these criteria will be highlighted below:
- Your line must be active; this means you will not be eligible to borrow credit if your line has been deactivated or suspended.
- You are expected to have been using your line for up to three months before it can qualify to borrow airtime.
- You are expected to have repaid the previous airtime you borrowed before you can borrow a new one.
Many of the other mobile network carriers also observe these rules before their subscribers can qualify to borrow airtime.