This is second post in the Nigerian Money Blogger (NMB) series. If you miss the first, you can read the E-course 1: Introduction to Blogging
How Much Can you Make Blogging? This is a one million naira question am asked often by intending bloggers. Well, the gospel truth is that there is really no limit to how much you can make blogging online. It all depends on your level of commitment and the amount of work you put into it.
There are a few Nigerians making 6-figure monthly income from blogging, some earn their income doing part-time blogging, while many more earn their living by blogging full-time. Success does not happen overnight in blogging. This may take a couple of months or even several years.
But I can assure you will have a steady stream of income once you begin to get noticed and attract steady traffic. As difficult as you may think it is, there are many Nigerians who are paying their bills through blogging. Here are just a few of them.
5 Most Popular Bloggers in Nigeria
• Linda Ikeji—you would have heard of the name “Linda Ikeji” if you are one of those with a passion for entertainment news, gist, gossips, and so on. Linda started her blog in 2009 at a time it seemed like most Nigerians were just coming to grips with the opportunities of internet.
She created a free blogger account and started blogging about exclusive stories and information. What seemed like a child’s play at that time has now grown into a good source of living. She even had to quit her modeling job and go into blogging full time.
Today, going by the amount of traffic to her site and advertisement, she is one of the highest paid Nigerian bloggers—earning nothing short of at least 2 million naira monthly. She has become a top celebrity blogger in Nigeria!
• Uche Eze In 2006, Uche got bored and thought of blogging as a way to kill his boredom. He went ahead to found BellaNaija. Little did he know that BellaNaija would prepare him for glory! The blog he called “a way to kill boredom” in 2006 has now grown to become the best lifestyle blog in Nigeria.
Not only is Uche Eze famous in Nigeria, he has made his mark well enough to be featured at international shows such as CNN, Oprah Winfrey, just to mention a few.
• Onibalusi Bamidele is yet another outstanding Nigerian blogger who believed in blogging so well that it has propelled him to an enviable position. Not only is he known in Nigeria, Bamidele has written for many top blogs in the world in front of his Personal Computer, from the comfort of his home. I followed him closely in 2012 and got to know that this young, astute blogger charged his clients between $500 $1,000 (that is about 80,000 – 160,000 naira per blog post or article). You can imagine how much he is currently earning now!
He has been featured in top international magazines such as Forbes, Digital Journal, Millionaire Magazine and a couple of others.
Bamidele started his blogging career through the blog, YoungPrePro.com, in April 2010. He later rebranded the blog as WritersinCharge.com. While helping writers to take charge of their writing, he is highly rewarded for it! 😀
• Loy Okieze is yet another Nigerian blogger who is positively impacting the blogging industry in Nigeria. He is a blogger to the core and a very successful one for that matter. Unlike many Nigerian bloggers who get easily carried away by the entertainment scene and the lives of celebrities, Loy Okieze chose to blog about technology.
Now, you will easily find Techloy.com as the number one source of information about technology in Nigeria. And the owner, Loy Okieze, is a happy blogger enjoying the fruits of his hard work.
• xxxxxxxxxx Yes, I can’t remember the name of the person to fill this position in the list of popular Nigerian bloggers…. But I think that person will have some features and qualities that would enable him or her excel in blogging so well that others will talk about them. Well, I think you could merit the position. That person could be you! Yes, you!
<size=150> Blogger in Nigeria but it involves both working hard and smart!….
Blogging is a big business—Big enough, to showcase you to the world, make you your own boss and leave a life of working 9:00am-5:00pm every day only to be paid peanuts by month end. Rather than become a slave to an employer whose payment will determine your livelihood, it is better to work for yourself online.
Blogging is one of such avenues to earn a living online and live a free, fulfilled life. Till the end of the world, Blogging will remain a hot cake as long as people keep searching for information online. As you can see above, Blogging brings other Nigerians like you and I close to opportunities and give them the life of nobility. Everybody who has up to 24 hours of the day, it is just how we use it that makes the difference.
This NMB e-course is all about making you succeed and start making money blogging online. In the next updates, you will have much more advanced information about what it takes to create a winning blog that rocks!
If you have any question or comments, please feel free to share your thoughts by replying this thread. Also, if this e-course has helped you, kindly help others too to read this post. Feel free to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter etc, by clicking on any of the Social media Icons below.
To your success!
Click the links below to read the remaining part of this e-course on How to Make Money Blogging in Nigeria:
- E-course 1: Introduction to Blogging
- NMB E-course 2: How Much Money Can you Make in Blogging?
- NMB e-course 3 : Free or Self-Hosted Blog: Which is Better to Start Blogging?
- NMB e-course 4: Adopting Linda Ikeji style vs Keyworded Domain name- which is better?
- NMB e-course 5: Top 5 Ways Nigerians can Make Money Online