Samsung Galaxy S8 Review
Samsung is known for top quality products and the Samsung Galaxy S8 is not expected to be different in terms of quality and functionality. It is expected to perform better than its predecessor, Samsung Galaxy S7. Its price is equally expected to be higher as a result. Be that as it may, the device will still be affordable and you will get top value on every dime you pay for it. In this review, you will learn about the various features and specifications in this device. Additionally, you will learn about the price in Nigerian and Kenya.
Samsung Galaxy S8 specs
Let us take a quick look at Samsung Galaxy S8 specs , a modern Android power phone that features , 4GB RAM , 64GB internal storage , 5.8 inch display 3000mAh battery and Android 7.0 OS operating system.
- SIM Type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 5.8 inches AMOLED display (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio) , 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density)
- 4G Network : LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)
- 3G Network : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat + Grace UX
- Protection : Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dimension : 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm (5.86 x 2.68 x 0.31 in)
- Build : Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Weight : 155 g
- Processor Type: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 – Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo)
- Colours: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral ‘s Blue, Maple Gold
- Graphics Processor : Adreno 540
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) – single-SIM model and up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual-SIM model
- Camera Features : 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Video Recording : [email protected], [email protected], HDR, dual-video rec.
- Security : Fingerprint , Iris Scanner
- Back Camera : 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- Front Camera : 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, [email protected], dual video call, Auto HDR
- Sensors : Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- USB : v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- NFC : Yes
- Bluetooth : v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Battery: 3000mAh (non-removable) with wireless charging
Hardware Samsung Galaxy S8 has a dimension of 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm. In total, the device weighs 155 g, which also translates to 5.47 oz. The phone is fitted with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 at its back panel.
The fitting helps protect he device from damage if it falls from a height. The device supports dual SIM, which are Nano-SIM and dual standby. The Samsung Pay feature is equally available on the device, just like what obtains in virtually all Samsung mobile devices.
The device is IP68 certified, which ensures that it is water-proof and dust-proof. It can remain water-resistant for up to 30 minutes in over 1.5 meter of water.
The battery is a non-removable Li-Ion battery with 3,000mAh capacity, which can last up to 20 hours on talk time and 67 hours on music playback. https://youtu.be/wuOpkOsOXQU
Display Samsung Galaxy S8
features a Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with 16M colors. The screen display is 5.8 inches and its screen resolution is 1440 x 2960 pixels, while its pixel density stands at 570 ppi. The screen has multitouch capacity and it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which helps to prevent scratches from forming on the screen.
Other protective features include TouchWiz UI, Always-on display and 3D Touch for home button only. Software The operating system in this device is Android 7.0 Nougat and its chipset is Exynos 8895 Octa-EMEA. The other variant of the device features chipset of Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon.
The processor can either be Octa-core 2.3GHz or Octa-core 2.35 GHz. The RAM is 4GB, while the internal memory is 64GB. The internal memory in the Samsung Galaxy S8 can be expanded to 256GB via a dedicated slot for microSD card or via the slot for SIM 2, depending on the variant that you buy.
The primary camera in this device is 12MP and it features LED flash, phase detection autofocus and OIS. The secondary camera, on the other hand, is an 8MP affair and it comes with AutoHDR, dual video call and autofocus features. Other features in the primary camera are panorama, face/smile detection, touch focus and image recording among others.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Price in Nigeria, Kenya !
The price of Samsung Galaxy S8 in Nigeria and Kenya are not available yet. The device is expected to sell for around $750. Expected price in Nigeria will be between 275,000 naira and 390,000 naira. Since the device is not yet available for sale in most parts of Africa, including Nigeria and Kenya, one cannot be specific about its prices in these countries yet.